Become a volunteer driver!
You can volunteer to drive only one day a week, five days a week, or what ever you are able to do and feel comfortable with. We appreciate any help you can offer.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Driver, you can call us at 506-466-4444 to let us know, and to get answers to any questions you might have. You can also read our Operations Policy, which will help you get a better idea of what would be involved. It is available on this web site here: Operations Policy.
If you would like to get started on becoming a Volunteer Driver right now, here are steps:
- If you haven’t already done so, you should read our Operations Policy to get a better understanding of what is involved in the service we offer. Click here to read it: Operations Policy.
- You should also read our Policy On Confidentiality and make sure you are comfortable with it. You can see/get a copy here: Policy on Confidentiality. We will ask you to sign an Oath of Confidentiality when you come into the office with the rest of your paperwork (see below).
- Please complete the volunteer registration form. You can do that right on this web site and send it to us electronically. Just click here: Registration Form
- Get a copy of your Driver Record from Service New Brunswick (SNB). You can request this at the SNB office at 73 Milltown Boulevard and they can process it while you wait. Note that SNB will charge you $20 for this service.
- We also need a confirmation of insurance form signed by your insurance agent. To get a copy of the form you can print it out, complete your portion and have your insurance agent complete and sign their portion, click here: Confirmation of Insurance. If requested, we can help you with the extra cost of insurance up to $100.
- Download and print out a copy of the Oath of Confidentiality located here: Oath of Confidentiality Form. Please bring this with you when you come to the office with the rest of your paperwork.
- Once you have all of your paperwork, please call 466-4444 to make an appointment at our office. When you come to our office we will prepare and give you a Background Check Request Form that you will take to the local RCMP detachment at 16 Hawthorne Street. They will let you know when your record check will be available for you to pick up and drop off at our office.